A few years back, thinking about my success and professional fulfillment, I had an amazing revelation. I knew that my true passion was to help all kinds of people find their dream homes here in the Roaring Fork Valley.
But that wasn’t enough. I realized that I wanted to pay this forward – to commemorate the relationships I’m able to build with my clients and to help other people share in my success.
I saw how all kinds of businesses, from the very smallest, to multinational companies were finding ways to give back to the environment and other important causes in other communities. So, I thought, if they could do it, why couldn’t the real estate industry do it too?
Why couldn’t I do it too?
I decided to begin.
That’s how in 2008, I started a Charity Program of my own and committed to give away five percent of every commission I earn to charity. To make this even more fun – and to involve my clients in my efforts, I ask them to choose that charity.
Here’s how it works. If you are a buyer working with me, upon closing I will give five percent of the commission I have earned as a part of the selling commission. Likewise, if you are a seller, I will give five percent of the listing commission I earn upon closing. You – my client – will choose the charity. I only specify that the charity must be a 501(c) 3 IRS approved non-profit foundation.
The response to this program has been amazing and my clients have loved this extra involvement. It is the icing on the cake of the successful business relationship we’ve created together!
Some have chosen charities close to their own hearts based on personal experience, perhaps the illness or even loss of a loved one. Others have picked from my list of local Roaring Fork non-profits, creating an immediate bond and creating connections within the community we all share.
I’m just thrilled that we get to take this step together, turning what could just be another business transaction into something even more significant and important for others.
For a list of local charities, please call or email me.
Charities Given to Since Program Start – Terry Rogers
- Midwest Food Bank
- The LaConner Quilt Museum
- Home Care and Hospice of the Valley
- Nepal Youth Foundation
- Harris County Sheriffs’ Foundation
- Wounded Warrior Project
- LEWA Wildlife Conservancy – Kenya
- Susan Poorman Blackie Ovarian Cancer Foundation
- Colorado Animal Rescue C.A.R.E. (8)
- To Return – a Kilimanjaro Non-Profit (5)
- Advocate Safehouse Project (3)
- Judes Children’s Research Hospital (4)
- Lift Up to Lift Up Organization (5)
- Shining Stars Foundation (3)
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (2)
- Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers (2)
- Roaring Fork Conservancy (4)
- The Wyly Arts Center
- Nepal Relief Effort
- Anderson Ranch (2)
- Aspen Buddy Program (6)
- Colorado Academy
- Chris Klug Foundation
- One Love Theater – Willowell
- Smile Train (3)
- Friends of the Aspen Animal Shelter (2)
- Independence Pass Foundation
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Rocky Mountain Wildlife Conservation Center
- Hope for Animals/Valley Dog Rescue
- Shepherd’s Hope
- LCMS World Relief and Human Care
- Aging Well Arthritis Foundation
- YMCA of Greater Cincinnati
- Children’s; Hospital Foundation – Oklahoma City
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Princeton University
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
- Salvation Army
- Prison Entrepreneurship Program
- Canine Companions for Independence
- Sarah House – Hospice Center (2)
- Princeton Healthcare Foundation System
- Laestadian Lutheran Church
- Basalt Education Foundation
- Butler Street Co-op – Brooklyn, NY
- Giving Together, Inc. – Wash., D.C.
- Rifle Animal Shelter
- 180 Ministries – Teen Challenge of CO
- Anderson Ranch – Painting Scholarship
- Red Cross
- Colorado Horse Rescue(2)
- Rosemary Farm Sanctuary – New York
- Roaring Fork School District Pre-Collegiate Program(3)
- Aspen Homeless Shelter
- Child Advocates – Houston
- The Colon Cancer Alliance
- Martin’s Episcopal Church
- Colorado Feed Lot
- Lahey Clinic – ALS Chapter
- Carbondale Arts
- O’Neill Sea Odyssey
- Ripple Effect Images
- Breast Cancer Research Center
- Roaring Fork Aikikai
- Malibu Boys & Girls Club
- Christ Community Church (2)
- Hire Our Heros
- Basalt Booster Club
- Windwalkers (2)
- Doctors Without Borders
- Habitat for Humanity
- Children’s Hospital – St. Louis